Saturday 15 October 2011

the design is based on material, brick, and the lighting effects, viewing effects and experience it can create. brick once put together becomes sort of grid like like my precedent study.  in my last two projects i used the idea of kinda framing as my precedent study was focused on nature and through its materials was aimed at framing nature. i have brought this element and idea into this weeks project but instead of using glass like my precedent study to frame nature i have create diffently postioned bricks to give a different viewing and faming effect. the first thing i started doing was chosing a site. i chose a site very near my gathering project. its on the hill park walkway next the old railway hotel. i chose this site becase i wanted my design to contend with the ground and also to link with my previos projects as they were concerned with its surroundinds such as the gathering project which builds into the surroundin buildings.i have been thinking about how my deisgn will work on a hill - will it fit into it, onto it, under it  and how it will contend with the existing objects such as trees and the walk way. then i experimenting with positioning with bricks. here are some examples that i managed to come up with:






















some worked out really well, they look asthetically pleasing aswell as create cool effects however some didnt work so well. after experimenting with different arrangments and mashing up of some of these brick pieces, i have come up with a basic design and form for my office. i let they brick work and arrangement of bricks inform the form of the design as i believethis allows the building to have the unque experience you whilst a good form may be produced from it as opposed to making a form and trying to create effects in the form which may just not allow for a amazing experience, it would feel less natural and more forced. after getting the basic first part of my office coming together, the rest of the form just kind of followed. a made a afew tweaks and developmnts to it to come up with my final design. i would have liked to have more time as there is soo much more i could have done to develop and improve the design but i had to have the design finalised by wed so i can get my model and section done by friday. My design consists of 5 areas, one for each archiect to work in, a storage room, toilets and a smoko room area. there is a room  at the back around the stairs which is for storage but this is not shown in my model as there was not enough time to make it however it is shown in my section. i wanted my dsign to be something sort of different as people working in it would be architects so it would make a sort of creative and inspirational kind of environment.



No comments:

Post a Comment